To marry in Australia you must be 18 years of age or over.
Photocopy of Passport and original Form of Intent to Marry must be received in Australia a minimum of one month and one working day prior to the wedding date. The Passport must be sighted by the Wedding Celebrant on the day.
• Birth Certificates - if born overseas, then a Birth Certificate or
Documents required consist of:
a Passport issued by your country of birth
(Australian passports are not acceptable)
• Valid Passport
• If divorced - a Decree Absolute
• If widowed – a Death Certificate of your previous spouse and previous
• If your name has been changed by Deed Poll – legal proof
• Notice of Intended Marriage